Winter 2020 Youth
A coached rowing program for youth to learn all aspects of the sport and prepare for competitive races. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- 12 week program running from Nov 10 – Dec 15; Jan 6 – Feb 23, 2020
- Coached practices at our new CCRA Indoors facility, 210 6th Street, Verplanck
- Ergs, weights and flexibility training
- A sport for everyone! If your strength is not in rowing, we will train you to lead rowers as a Coxswain, and develop your leadership skills.
Fee: $350 per youth rower
5 days a week. Please be on the lookout for communications via SportsYou, WHUD Storm Center and/or text about cancellations due to snow.
- Tuesdays: 5-7 pm
- Wednesdays: 5-7 pm
- Thursdays: 5-7 pm
- Fridays: 5-7pm
- Sundays: 10am-12 pm
- Learn proper technique to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands (new Team Members)
- Synchronized rowing to reinforce working as one boat
- Build endurance and strength to prepare for Spring water race season
- Row in offsite indoor tanks, to simulate on-water rowing and learn oar technique
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. See registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the NEW online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPal ($10 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.