Winter 2020 Masters
CORTLANDT ROWING WINTER MASTERS PROGRAM
- 12 week program, runs from Nov 10-Dec 15; Jan 6-Feb 23, 2020
- Ergs, weights and flexibility training
- Scheduled practices 4x weekly at CCRA Indoors at our new location at 210 6th Street, Verplanck
- Several indoor tank sessions
- Monday: 6:30-8pm Row2Music with Michele (certified indoor rowing instructor)
- Wednesday: 7-8:30pm with Coach Steve
- Saturday: 8-9:15am, Informal erg session led by an experienced master rower
- Sunday: 7:30-9:30am with Coach Steve
Masters can also erg on their own or with a buddy at a time of their convenience by signing up with the Independent Indoor Erging! You must be registered and paid to receive the Winter 2020 signup password and building code for our new location at 210 6th Street, Verplanck.
Fee: $185 per rower. Indoor regatta fees are separate.
- Learn to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands (new Team Members)
- Synchronized rowing to reinforce working as one boat
- Build endurance and strength to prepare for Spring water season
- Row in offsite indoor tanks, to simulate on-water rowing and learn oar technique
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. See registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPay ($5 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.
- Join our Masters Facebook Community – a private group where we post announcements, share training tips, photos, and general camaraderie. Click on this link to request to “Join” the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1519429021715355/
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112