Winter 2019 Youth
A coached rowing program for youth to learn all aspects of the sport and prepare for competitive races. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- 13 week program runnings from Nov 7 – Dec 6; Jan 6 – March 3
- Coached practices at CCRA Indoors, 137 7th Street, Verplanck
- Ergs, weights and flexibility training
- A sport for everyone! If your strength is not in rowing, we will train you to lead rowers as a Coxswain, and develop your leadership skills.
Fee $300 per youth rower
4 days a week. Rowers MUST signup by 2pm the day of each practice using the Youth Practices Sign Up sheets. Please be on the lookout for communications via email and text about cancellations due to snow.
- Tuesdays: 5-7 pm
- Wednesdays: 5-7 pm
- Thursdays: 5-7 pm
- Sundays: 10am-12 pm
- Learn to proper technique to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands (new Team Members)
- Synchronized rowing to reinforce working as one boat
- Build endurance and strength to prepare for Spring water season
Questions? E-mail co[email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- US Rowing waiver 2019 Please print, sign and give to coach.
- Rights of Individuals
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. See registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the NEW online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPay ($10 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.