Spring 2019 Little Vikings
A coached rowing program for 4th–6th grade youth to learn the basics of the sport of rowing. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- 10 week program, runs from 4/7 – 6/16 (no practice 4/21)
- Coached practices at our indoor facility and on Lake Meahagh. See info and download map with all locations.
- Water safety; learning in sleek, safe boats
Fee $125 per youth rower. Registration Link below.
Sundays (check signup sheet link each week for whether we’ll be on the water or indoors): 12:30pm–2:00pm
All team members must pass a swim test each year consisting of: Swim 50 meters, tread water for 10 minutes, put on a PFD (lifejacket) while in the water. This is for your safety.
- Learn to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines and on the water rowing
- View and discuss safety video
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands
- Tour CCRA’s Verplanck sites (see map)
- Learn safe entry and exit from boat
- Sweep and Scull rowing in different boat sizes and configurations
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- Rights of Individuals
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. You can join at different levels. If you spring for the Championship level, your rower will receive a wonderful USRowing Magazine in the mail every month with great pictures and stories about the sport of rowing! See USRowing registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPay ($3.50 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.