MASTERS INDEPENDENT ON-WATER ROWING on Lake Meahagh
- As of 9/7/2018 the following Masters rowers are approved for signing out boats through the masters independent on-water rowing booking system:
- All other Masters rowers may join any approved rower in any boat for an independent rowing session.
- Please REVIEW in full CCRA Masters Independent Program On-Water Policy 2018
- REQUIREMENTS for obtaining a password to use the Independent Practices Booking System:
- US Rowing membership must be current
- US Rowing waiver must be current
- Must pass a CCRA swim test, or sign the CCRA swim waiver
- CCRA member in good standing for the current season (online membership submitted with all supporting paperwork and payment submitted)
- Rowing independently is a privilege that must be earned through mastery of rowing and safety skills; it is not a right of membership. You must be approved by Coach Steve to row in a single or double.
- If you are not approved to row singles/doubles, but would like to be, please ask Coach Steve about required safety and boating skills that you should work on. See CCRA Masters independent rowing skills checklist.
- When the above requirements have been met, send an email to Dina at [email protected]. You will receive instructions on how to get into the shed, and how to get into the signup tool. This info is not to be shared with anyone else, including other CCRA members. This is designed to protect the safety of rowers, our equipment and others on Lake Meahagh.
- Use the signup tool to schedule the time(s) that you want to row. Note that time slots may be limited due to conflicts with other scheduled rowing activities.
- Rowing with a buddy is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. It helps insure safety of rowers, and reduces chances of boat damage.
- Boats with a cox seat must have a coxswain.
- All boats must have at least one singles-approved rower (‘captain’) on board, who is responsible for the boat’s safety, equipment and check in/out for that row.
- Independent rowing is limited to Lake Meahagh only – no river rowing!
Click here to enter the Independent On-Water Rowing Booking System.