MASTERS INDEPENDENT ON-WATER ROWING on Lake Meahagh
- The following Masters rowers are approved for signing out boats through the masters independent on-water rowing booking system:
- All other Experienced Masters rowers may join any approved rower in currently approved boats for an independent rowing session (no novices).
- Please REVIEW in full the CCRA Masters Independent Program On-Water Policy
- REQUIREMENTS for obtaining a password to use the Independent Practices Booking System:
- US Rowing membership must be current
- US Rowing waiver must be current
- Must pass a CCRA swim test, or sign the CCRA swim waiver
- CCRA member in good standing for the current season (online membership and payment submitted)
- Rowing independently is a privilege that must be earned through mastery of rowing and safety skills; it is not a right of membership. You must be approved by Coach Steve to row in a single or double.
- If you are not approved to row singles/doubles, but would like to be, please ask Coach Steve about required safety and boating skills that you should work on. See CCRA Masters independent rowing skills checklist.
- When the above requirements have been met, send an email to Dina at [email protected]. You will receive instructions on how to get into the shed, and how to get into the signup tool. This info is not to be shared with anyone else, including other CCRA members. This is designed to protect the safety of rowers, our equipment and others on Lake Meahagh.
- Use the signup tool to schedule the time(s) that you want to row. Note that time slots may be limited due to conflicts with other scheduled rowing activities.
- Rowing with a buddy is REQUIRED. It helps insure safety of rowers, and reduces chances of boat damage. At least one buddy must be an approved Independent rower, and all must be experienced rowers. Buddies must agree on start/end times, move boats on/off rack together, and row within 100 meters of each other. Please indicate who your buddy is on the signup sheet.
- Water temp + air temp MUST = at least 100 degrees for singles and doubles to go out.
- Independent Rowers must self-certify the COVID Health Screening before each and every row. A link will be included in the reminder email 2 hours before scheduled time.
- Independent rowing is limited to Lake Meahagh only – no river rowing!
- Make sure to return to the dock in plenty of time to do proper cleaning and storage of boats and equipment. Your boat must be ready for the next shift of rower(s) as per the the signup sheet slot.
Click here to enter the Independent On-Water Rowing Booking System.