Fall 2018 Little Vikings
A coached rowing program for 4th–6th grade youth to learn the basics of the sport of rowing. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- 10 week program, runs from 9/9 – 11/18 (no practice 10/28)
- Coached practices at our indoor facility and on Lake Meahagh. See info and download map with all locations.
- Water safety; learning in sleek, safe boats
- A sport for everyone! If your strength is not in rowing, we will train you to lead rowers as a Coxswain, and develop your leadership skills.
Fee $125 per youth rower
Sundays (check signup sheet link each week for location): 12:30pm–2:00pm
All team members must pass a swim test each year consisting of: Swim 50 meters, tread water for 10 minutes, put on a PFD (lifejacket) while in the water. This is for your safety. Stay tuned to emails for swim test location and date.
- Learn to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines and on the water rowing
- View and discuss safety video
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands
- Tour CCRA’s Verplanck sites (see map)
- Learn safe entry and exit from boat
- Sweep and Scull rowing in different boat configurations
Questions? E-mail cortlandtr[email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- 2018 USRowing Waiver Please print, sign and give to coach if you do not have one on file for 2018.
- Rights of Individuals
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. See registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPay ($10 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.