2020-2021 Winter Masters Program
CORTLANDT ROWING WINTER MASTERS PROGRAM
Whether you have never picked up an oar, or rowed in high school or college, we welcome all masters (adults ages 18 and up) into the Winter Masters Program. The masters winter training program will focus on strength, flexibility and erg (rowing machine) technique, to keep masters fit, have fun with your teammates, and to optionally prepare you for races in 2021.
CCRA is committed to the health and safety of our rowers and staff. The winter program mostly consists of remote training, but includes an optional indoor component at our 6th St location. To reduce possibility of virus spread, we will be following the recommendations of local authorities and USRowing regarding COVID-19 concerns, including the possible shuttering of the 6th St location if NYS/local/club mandates require. All rowers opting to use the 6th St location must read and agree to strictly adhere to CCRA’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, including rules outlined below.
Program Dates: November 30, 2020 – February 28, 2021
- Masters rowers: $150
- College rowers: $75; erg rental subject to availability
Winter registration deadline is November 28!
1. Weekly coached zoom practices: Wednesdays, 7:00 – 8:30pm
Our experienced coaches will teach these sessions, which will focus on strength, flexibility, and erg (rowing machine) technique.
2. Weekly informal Zoom erg sessions:
Led by our certified erg instructors and experienced masters rowers, these sessions will refine and build on skills taught by our coaches.
3. Free erg rental for the season included!
- Sundays: 8:00am – 9:30am
- Monday evenings: ‘Row to Music’: 6:00pm – 7pm. This will be a fun, less intense workout than the other sessions.
This is a nice perk that will allow you to erg at home any time you want!
4. Monthly workout calendar:
Designed by our coaches to maximize your performance and safety.
5. Independent erging/weight training at 6th St:
Access to our indoor facility, arranged on participant basis, following strict COVID guidelines:
6. Independent Zoom erg sessions:
- one or two people maximum in the CCRA’s second floor space at any time; two ergs available. Pairing up with a buddy is optional, there are risks and benefits that should be kept in mind, i.e. health and safety risk of erging or weight-lifting alone; COVID-risk of erging with someone else in an indoor space. Please take proper precautions.
- advance online signup required: 1.5 hour (max) time slots, 5am – 9pm
- daily online health screening must be completed prior to entry
- required at all times: mask or face shield, and full-fingered gloves
- social distancing guidelines must be followed
- rowers must disinfect equipment after use, including ergs, weights, and other high touch surfaces
- rowers are encouraged to bring their own personal equipment (e.g. mats (with name))
All winter rowers will have access to the CCRA Masters Zoom meeting ID, so they can erg remotely with their CCRA buddies during non-practice times.
National and international virtual erg competitions may be available for rowers to race in throughout the winter. Program fee does NOT cover the entry fees if rowers choose to race.
- Our coaches use the SportsYou App to communicate quickly regarding any updates needed for practices. Please download and register on the SportsYou App. All registered Masters will be joined to the CCRA Winter 2020-21 Masters SportsYou ‘team’, or be invited to join if you are new to CCRA.
- Join our Masters Facebook Community by clicking here and requesting to “Join”.
- Please follow Cortlandt Rowing on Facebook and Instagram. The number of followers counts when we want to show how quickly our club is growing here in our local communities!
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. Follow US Rowing registration instructions here.
- Click here to register online for the CCRA Winter 2020-21 season.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPal ($4 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.
Questions? E-mail [email protected]
, or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112