CORTLANDT ROWING WINTER MASTERS PROGRAM
Whether you have never picked up an oar, or rowed in high school or college, we welcome all masters (adults ages 18 and up) into the Winter Masters Program. The masters winter training program will focus on strength, flexibility and erg (rowing machine) technique, to keep masters fit, have fun with your teammates, and to optionally prepare you for races in 2021.
CCRA is committed to the health and safety of our rowers and staff. The winter program mostly consists of remote training, but includes an optional indoor component at our 6th St location. To reduce possibility of virus spread, we will be following the recommendations of local authorities and USRowing regarding COVID-19 concerns, including the possible shuttering of the 6th St location if NYS/local/club mandates require. All rowers opting to use the 6th St location must read and agree to strictly adhere to CCRA’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, including rules outlined below.
Program Dates: November 30, 2020 – February 28, 2021
IMPORTANT NOTE: Winter registration deadline is November 28!
1. Weekly coached zoom practices: Wednesdays, 7:00 – 8:30pm
Our experienced coaches will teach these sessions, which will focus on strength, flexibility, and erg (rowing machine) technique.
2. Weekly informal Zoom erg sessions:
Led by our certified erg instructors and experienced masters rowers, these sessions will refine and build on skills taught by our coaches.
3. Free erg rental for the season included! This is a nice perk that will allow you to erg at home any time you want!
4. Monthly workout calendar: Designed by our coaches to maximize your performance and safety.
Access to our indoor facility, arranged on participant basis, following strict COVID guidelines:
6. Independent Zoom erg sessions: All winter rowers will have access to the CCRA Masters Zoom meeting ID, so they can erg remotely with their CCRA buddies during non-practice times.
National and international virtual erg competitions may be available for rowers to race in throughout the winter. Program fee does NOT cover the entry fees if rowers choose to race.
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112