2019 Summer Little Vikings
A coached rowing program for 4th–6th grade youth to learn the basics of the sport of rowing. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- This summer session is a 6 week program, runs from 7/21 – 8/25, Sundays from 12:30-2pm.
- Coached practices at both our indoor facility and on Lake Meahagh. See info and download map with all locations. Please note: we will aim to be on the water as many times as possible, however we will sometimes be indoors.
- Water safety; learning in sleek, safe boats with our youth team helpers.
Fee $75 per youth rower. Registration Link below.
You MUST sign up your rower each and every week using the signup sheet link. Scroll down to the Little Vikings section. Please aim to sign up by the Wednesday before each weekend, or fill out for the whole season if you know! It takes time and significant effort to plan the boats ahead of Sunday and we sometimes need to recruit more volunteers to help us depending on how many rowers needed to fill each seat of the boats. Likewise, if you need to cancel you MUST let us know ASAP via text. Coach Amy: 646-232-9099
STAYING IN TOUCH: SPORTS YOU APP
All team members must pass a swim test each year consisting of: Swim 50 meters, tread water for 10 minutes, put on a PFD (lifejacket) while in the water. This is for your safety. Any rower who took the test in 2019 is still cleared. For new rowers, we will be in touch on how to take the swim test.
- Learn to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines and on the water rowing
- View and discuss safety video
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands
- Tour CCRA’s Verplanck sites (see map)
- Learn safe entry and exit from boat
- Sweep and Scull rowing in different boat sizes and configurations
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- Rights of Individuals
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. You can join at different levels. If you spring for the Championship level, your rower will receive a wonderful USRowing Magazine in the mail every month with great pictures and stories about the sport of rowing! See USRowing registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPay ($2.00 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596. Please do not hand check to any of our coaches.