Winter 2019 Little Vikings
A coached rowing program for 4th–6th grade youth to learn the basics of the sport of rowing. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- 10 week program, runs from 1/13 – 3/17 (any snow days will be rescheduled one additional week out to 3/24)
- Coached practices at our indoor facility located at 137th 7th Street, Verplanck. See info and download map with all CCRA locations.
- A sport for everyone! If your strength is not in rowing, we will train you to lead rowers as a Coxswain, and develop your leadership skills.
Fee $125 per youth rower
Sundays,12:30pm–2:00pm: use signup sheet link each week
- Learn to row basic stroke using Concept 2 Rowing Machines with certified Concept 2 indoor instructor
- View and discuss safety video
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands
- Watch short videos of on water rowing and discuss what good rowing looks like
- Prepare for spring rowing on the water
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- 2018 USRowing Waiver Please print, sign and give to coach if you do not have one on file for 2018.
- Rights of Individuals
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. See registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPay ($10 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.
Youth rowers encouraging younger Little Viking rowers during indoor practice: