Winter 2019 Youth
A coached rowing program for youth to learn all aspects of the sport and prepare for competitive races. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- 13 week program runnings from Nov 7 – Dec 6; Jan 6 – March 3
- Coached practices at CCRA Indoors, 137 7th Street, Verplanck
- Ergs, weights and flexibility training
- A sport for everyone! If your strength is not in rowing, we will train you to lead rowers as a Coxswain, and develop your leadership skills.
Fee $300 per youth rower
4 days a week. Please be on the lookout for communications via email and text about cancellations due to snow.
- Tuesdays: 5-7 pm
- Wednesdays: 5-7 pm
- Thursdays: 5-7 pm
- Sundays: 10am-12 pm
- Learn to proper technique to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands (new Team Members)
- Synchronized rowing to reinforce working as one boat
- Build endurance and strength to prepare for Spring water season
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT
- 2018 USRowing Waiver Please print, sign and give to coach if you do not have one on file for 2018. There will be a new one for 2019.
- Rights of Individuals
- You must be a current member of US Rowing in order to participate in CCRA activities. See registration instructions here.
- Click here to go to the NEW online registration and payment page.
- Payment can be made during online registration via PayPay ($10 fee). Or send a check payable to CCRA, and mail to: Cortlandt Community Rowing Association, PO Box 530, Verplanck, NY 10596.