Fall 2018 Youth
A coached rowing program for youth to learn all aspects of the sport and prepare for competitive races. There’s a place on the team for everyone.
- 10 week program, runs from 9/9 – 11/8
- Coached practices at CCRA Indoors and on Lake Meahagh and the Hudson River at Cortlandt Waterfront. See info and download map with all locations.
- Water safety; learning in sleek, safe boats
- A sport for everyone! If your strength is not in rowing, we will train you to lead rowers as a Coxswain, and develop your leadership skills.
Fee $350 per youth rower
3 days a week on the river unless inclement weather. 4th additional practice TBD. Please be on the lookout for communications about changes to location via email and text.
- Tuesdays: 5-7:30pm
- Thursday: 5-7:30pm
- Sundays: 9:30am–12pm
All team members must pass a swim test each year consisting of: Swim 50 meters, tread water for 10 minutes, put on a PFD (lifejacket) while in the water. This is for your safety. Stay tuned to emails for swim test location and date.
- Learn to row basic stroke, using Concept 2 Rowing Machines and on the water rowing
- View and discuss safety video
- Learn the parts of the boat and basic commands
- Tour CCRA’s Verplanck sites (see map)
- Learn safe entry and exit from boat
- Sweep and Scull rowing in different boat configurations
- Team drills to refine technical stroke skills
- Practice to become a competitive rower
- Attend local scholastic and US Rowing regattas as a team
Questions? E-mail [email protected], or call Mrs. Dina Tompkins at (914) 589-9112
REGISTRATION FORMS AND PAYMENT